Monday 12 December 2011

Eco worrier

,

This little dolly lies awake at night, so concerned about the state of the planet, yes.......she is an eco-worrier, hahaha!  I'd like to say this is one of my worst jokes but I would be lying.

Anyway, her name is Emma, she is a Cath Kidston beauty, and I have bought her for my beautiful, smiley granddaughter Poppy Annabel.

She came with this pretty dress, (that's the doll, not Poppy!) and I have knitted the jacket to match, plus a hat in the same fetching shade, and I am now knitting a satchel for her, and crocheting a little blanket to keep this dolly warm in winter.  These are all knitted in Sirdar Simply Recycled, very eco-friendly.





The blanket will match Poppy's own blanket that I made for her earlier in the year, shown in the pic above, along with a little pram coat I knitted for her.

I enjoy knitting and crochet so much that Poppy and all her dollies can look forward to a future of being swathed in layers of wool all year round!

I know I haven't posted for a while, I've been such a busy bunny.  But I have added some new blogs to my sidebar, including Life After Money.  If you are looking for some ideas on how to live a frugal lifestyle, look no further.  This is an excellent site.

Many thanks to all of you who have left a comment in my absence, especially to Tina, whose wonderful blog is a must-read for me, and to Quinn, who I miss so much, now you have graduated and no longer require my services!  Also to Pom pom, who is full of fun, and to everyone else who leaves comments, and those who write the most wonderful blogs that inspire, cheer and inform me.

If you are kind enough to leave a comment, I will post a picture of my beautiful granddaughter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have been busy! Absolutely beautiful work, lucky little lady to be receiving them! xx thank you for your kind words too, xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...