Wednesday 14 December 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments yesterday.  The combination of York and teddy bears brings out the best in people!  As promised, below you will see some pictures of me with my granddaughter Poppy!


I have always admired the blog  A Life of Grace,  especially when written in the format of a daybook. So today I have decided to follow the same pattern and tell you about my day.


For today: Thursday, 15th December, 2011


Outside my window:  We have filled the bird feeders with seed, peanuts, fat-balls and dried worms.  We have blue-tits, robins, sparrows and blackbirds coming to say hello.


I am thinking: about my family, seeing youngest son at the weekend when he arrives for the holiday, seeing our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter just after Christmas, and wonderful eldest son, who keeps the house clean and hoovered for me when I am at work, without being asked.


I am thankful:  that today I break up from work for three weeks.  As much as I love my work, I need a break!


In the kitchen:  today is a work day, so it will be spaghetti bolognese when I get home, some mince and onion, tomato puree, mixed herbs, etc.


I am wearing: my usual work clothes of jeans - so I mingle with the students! - and a warm jumper, with a thermal vest underneath, as it is so cold.


I am going:  to post the rest of my Christmas cards today, which I have written bit by bit.


I am reading:  A book about 'Low maintenance vegetable growing', to help me to plan what I am going to grow in the new season.  Last year I grew veggies for the first time, and everything was a success, including salad veg, tomatoes, courgettes, beans and carrots.  I just grew them in pots and they turned out fine.


I am hearing:  the TV, about the Queen's plans for next year, her 60th year.  Her Majesty is planning to visit our neck of the woods.  I would love to see her.  Youngest son was in the crowds at the Royal Wedding in April.  Did you see him?!


Around the house:  I am feeling very smug that I have defrosted my two freezers!


One of my favourite things:  my wonderful family.


A few plans for the rest of the week:  Enjoying not going to work!  Also, I am knitting clothes for a rag doll I have bought for my granddaughter, and crocheting a little blanket for the dolly, so I want to get these finished.  (Pictures to follow!)


From my picture album:  As I received such lovely comments yesterday, thank you so much, here are the promised pictures of yours truly with the best Christmas present anybody could wish for, my almost three month old granddaughter, Poppy Pickle!  She looks like she is saying:             
Sssshhhhh!  It's a secret!


Hmmm......not quite so happy here, but still very cute!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful. Enjoy her! xxx

~Carla~ said...

She's angelic!! :) Enjoy your break from work! Thats a nice long break as well!

Elizabethd said...

What a little sweetie!

Jane and Chris said...

May I have a cuddle? She's a cutie!
Jane x

My Cottage Diary said...

Welcome back Jayne! Your grandbaby is a precious little bundle and cute as can be! Loved what you've been knitting and crocheting for her. Enjoyed the photos of York, too. Have a great weekend! Bess

Susan B said...

Jayne, Your grand daughter is so adorable! And has the prettiest blue eyes.

I enjoyed reading your daybook! Thank you for mentioning my blog, that was very kind of you. Daybooks are such a nice way to get to know each other. Thank you for sharing. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...